Report Your Loss
Claims representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to take your loss report, explain the claims process, and assist you as soon as possible.
Call us anytime, day or night, to make a claim on our toll-free claim hotline at 800.637.2782.
If you have a glass-only claim with no other damage, you can click here to report your glass-only claim online.
Immediately after an Auto Loss
Following these tips will make the auto insurance claims process go more smoothly and help get you back on the road faster.
- First check for any injuries and get yourself and your passengers out of harms way
- Call the police
- Do not admit responsibility or divulge your policy limits
- Collect the name and address of each driver, passenger and witness.
- Write down the year, make, model, license number, and insurance company and policy number for all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Draw a diagram of the accident
- Report the accident to the company as soon as possible, regardless of fault and even if the damage is minor.
- Call 800.637.2782 and follow the directions to report a loss
Immediately after a Homeowner Loss
Damage to your home or personal property can be an emotional and confusing experience. We are committed to resolving your claim, with a quick and easy claims process.
- Protect yourself and others. Always be careful before entering a damaged building.
- If your property has sustained serious structural damage or if there are any doubts about its safety, contact local government officials to determine the status of your home before entering.
- Report downed power lines or gas leaks to the utility company.
- Keep electricity turned off if there is standing water in the house.
- Never touch electrical components while standing in water. If your safety appears at risk, leave the premises immediately.
- Immediately contact Kemper Select at 800.637.2782 to report how, when and where the damage occurred. Provide a general description of the damage, and if possible, have your policy number handy. Make a note of your Claim Representative's name and telephone number as soon as you have it.
Protect Your Property
Take reasonable steps to protect your property from further damage. This might include boarding up windows and salvaging undamaged items. Your Claim Representative can advise you on specific actions you can take to secure your home and property. If emergency services are necessary, Kemper Select will assist you in making arrangements and securing your home.
Shopping for a New or Used Car? Check these sites for helpful information on the new and used models as you make your selection:
About Auto Insurance
Common Auto Insurance Questions
Auto Insurance Terms and Definitions
Get an Auto Insurance Rate Quote
About Home Insurance
Common Home Insurance Questions
Home Insurance Terms and Definitions
Get a Home Insurance Rate Quote